In commemoration of Mutable Instruments' amazing Eurorack modules I give to you Flechtwerk: a clone of MI's multifaceted synthesizer Plaits whose code not only found its way into the Arturia Microfreak but also into countless Eurorack clones over the years. It is a macro-oscillator with 16 unique synthesizer models each controllable with 3 macro controls: Harmonics, Timbre and Morph.
Flechtwerk makes use of Plaits' integrated LPG envelope generator but also gives you the option to only output the raw signal which you can then pair with the VCA/VCF combos DmmG/DmmG Pro to give you a full ADSR envelope, lowpass/highpass/bandpass/notch filters and flexible trigger routing for a modular experience inside of Ableton Live.
Besides all of the basic features of the original module, Flechtwerk Pro gives you 8 voices of polyphony, LFO with 5 different shapes and an integrated step sequencer to modulate the selected synthesizer model.
To try it out, download the the free basic version Flechtwerk.
Flechtwerk makes use of open-source code by Émilie Gillet, using the latest Plaits firmware 1.2.
Runs on 64bit Windows and Mac (Intel+Apple Silicon) systems.
To learn more about the different synthesizer models of Plaits, please consult the official manual.
- Version 1.4:
- Added experimental support for the 8 extra synthesis models introduced in firmware 1.2 (accessible via the small button labeled "S" next to the output Dropdown)
- Version 1.3:
- Completely rewritten Plaits max external with latest (and last) firmware 1.2
- Version 1.3b:
- Fix to make it work with Live 11.3.4
- Version 1.2:
- Fixed a bug where presets would not recall correctly
- Version 1.1:
- Fixed LFO shape dropdown menu
- Fixed LFO phase control
- Fixed output dropdown label
- Version 1.0:
- Initial release