RetroSampler Pro is a lo-fi sample player inspired by hardware samplers of the 90s. It features adjustable sample and bit rates, clock jitter control, low pass filter with drive control and an integrated ADSR envelope. Lowering the sample rate will introduce the sought-after "ringing" effect found in older samplers which is not just a simple decimation effect: the resampling algorithm accurately follows the transposed pitch without interpolation.
The sound can further be manipulated with 3 independent LFOs and 9 possible destination.
To try some its features, get the free basic version RetroSampler.
- Sample playback of mono and stereo wav files
- Adjustable sample and bit rates (ulaw companded) with clock jitter and imaging filter control
- Coarse and fine control over the sample's pitch
- Coarse and fine control over the start and end points of the sample
- Samples can be looped and freely run without phase reset when unchecking the sync button
- Modeled digital sampler filter with drive, resonance and edge controls. Lowpass, highpass, bandpass and notch filters available
- Genuine envelope generator design: a linear envelope with additional segments to mimic exponential/logarithmic slopes
- 3 independent LFOs with 9 possible destinations
Runs on 64bit Windows and Mac (Intel+Apple Silicon) systems.
- Version 2.2
- Completely rewritten sampler core in C++ to optimize load times, CPU usage and file footprint
- New genuine envelope generator: a linear envelope with additional segments to mimic exponential/logarithmic slopes
- Additional envelope to modulate the filter frequency
- Polyphony with up to 8 voices
- Version 2.1b:
- Fixed wrong envelope time calculations due to downsampling
- Added polyphony with up to 8 voices (experimental)
- Version 2.0:
- Initial release